Thursday, June 4, 2009

Delhi,India

Imagine the hottest you have ever been, multiply that by about 10 and you will know how Delhi feels in June. It is ridiculously hot here, but I dont think the sun has even reached its maximum potential at this particular latitude and longitude. I am hoping we will have escaped to Africa before we need to experience that. Even at 7pm, when light is barely perceptible on the horizon, I feel like i'm standing in the wake of the exhaust pipe of an old '65 Chevy pickup that hasn't had a smog check in 20+ years. Its dusty, smoggy, and thick. My eyeballs feel hot.

Oh, its hot!

We whirled through Mumbai pretty quickly, and I found it to be a pretty vibrant and charming city. We visited Cafe Leopold and the Taj Palace, sites of the tourist shootings in late 2008, I took a nice picture next to the bullet holes...they still haven't patched it up yet. I have been thinking about terror tourism. I'm wondering if violent acts committed in the name of terrorism actually boost tourism. I mean, prior to 9/11, the twin towers had never crossed my mind. Its slightly morbid but seems to be true so far.

Oy, its hot!

No comments:

Post a Comment