Thursday, May 14, 2009

Cambodia


The Monk way, originally uploaded by jasonwmak.

Siem reap, Cambodia has been a pleasant surprise so far. We came into Siem Reap not knowing what to expect. However, for our short stay here, we have been pleasantly surprised.

There are still many touts, asking you for tuk tuk rides, but that is the same all over southeast asia. The Angkor Temples were absolutely wonderful and I was a bit awe-struck. It's definetely comparable to the Taj Mahal.

Siem reap itself is your pretty standard southeast asian tourist enclave. However, there are many modern developments and 5-star resorts. I was a bit surprised but I guess angkor wat really brought in the tourist dollars.

Food is also very cheap. Jennifer and I have eaten at some very nice Western style restaurants and come out paying only 10 USD for a big BBQ dinner.

Okay, there are way to many bugs at this internet cafe so I'll be writing again later

Jason

2 comments: